· Thursday at Champions for Life Sports Center, 453 Grant Ave, Auburn, NY, from 2:00 to 7:00.
· You will need your ID to pick up your packet. You can pick up packets for other people. Just bring a list of names!
· If you can’t make it to Packet Pick-Up on Thursday, you can pick up your stuff the morning of the race, at the race.
· Bring a non-perishable food item, and get a free plastic FLMR cup! All food items will be donated to a local food pantry.
Race Day/Race Info:
· Watch the weather - know that the park is typically chilly in the morning, before the sun gets overhead and heats us up. And remember you'll be moving and grooving, but also wet and muddy, so dress appropriately!
· The event grounds open at 8:30 am. Plan on getting there then, or if you are a later heat, about 30-45 minutes before your race.
· Bring your ID! We are checking you in as you enter, even if you came to packet pick up. At check-in, you’ll get your wristbands indicating which race you’re in, and if you’re legal to drink alcohol. After check in, you can enter the event grounds if you already have your packet, or go pick up your packet in the barn if you have not.
· We will have a free bag check, so you can bring what you need for afterwards – money for food, a change of clothes and shoes, a towel for after you rinse off.
· We do have showers, but they are cold water only. We are planning on heating the changing tent, so you can rinse off fast, then dry off and change into dry clothes without being too freezing!
· When you line up to take off, pay attention to the announcements! There is important safety information to hear!
· You’ll have a map in your packet –take a look at it and note the transition points on the course, where it crosses over itself so you don’t miss anything!
Post Race and Other Info:
· There will be food, beer, soda, and snacks. We aren't sure what is on the menu this year, but we know it will be yummy. Last year (2017) we actually ran out of food, a first in Mud Run history. That will NOT be happening this year; a Mud Runner's gotta eat! Live music will be provided, 8Traxx in the early part of the day, No Filter coming on stage at 10:30.
· We are planning on having a vendor fair on the event grounds, those folks typically take credit cards and cash, so if you’re interested in doing a little local business shopping, you can do that too on Saturday!
· Don’t throw away your dirty shoes! If you don’t want to wash them and you don’t want to keep them, bring them to the barn after you race. There will be two big green garbage cans for your shoes. We are going to wash everything after the race and donate them to the Rescue Mission again, so unless it’s beyond salvation, don’t toss it; give it to us to wash and donate!
· Our tents on the event grounds will be open air this year, as the weather is looking good. There will be ample food and drink, live music, and good company, so plan on sticking around!
As always, please don’t hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns. We are very excited for Saturday, and hope you are as well. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Email is generally the best way to catch me, but if you prefer the phone, you can call Champions for Life at 315-252-9305.