Hello Mini-Muddy Moms and Dads!
Please see below for helpful information about Packet-Pick Up and Event Day!
· Wednesday and Thursday at Champions for Life Sports Center, 453 Grant Ave, Auburn, NY, from 2:30 to 6:30 on both days.
· No ID is needed, but you’ll need to know for whom you are picking up packets. We have a list of who is registered, and we’ll check them off when their packet is picked up.
· If you can’t make it to Packet Pick-Up on Wednesday or Thursday, you can pick up your child’s stuff the morning of the race, at the race.
· Bring a non-perishable food item, and get a free plastic FLMR cup! All food items will be donated to a local food pantry.
Race Day/Race Info:
· We have been watching the weather like a hawk – and so far it’s looking pretty chilly. Believe it or not, I am not also a meteorologist, but the weather reports lead me to believe the high will be between 60 and 65, and that intermittent rain is possible. Come prepared!
· The first MM heat will be at 9:35, about 5 minutes after the first heat of the big people. Heats will run every fifteen minutes after that, and will continue until the last of the big people come across the finish line (we are planning on about 1:30).
· MM runners can go as many times as they want, but they only get one medal, so if we accidentally give your child more than one, we’d appreciate it if you bring the medal back to the finish line.
· All MM runners are allowed to go by themselves – the course has been changed so it stays on the event grounds and goes around the pond and back, not into the woods. We leave it to the parents to decide if their child can go on their own. Most of the kids that are seven or younger (or so) go once with their parents, and then over and over again on their own.
· Even if you pick up your child’s packet before Saturday, you still need to come through the check-in tent to get wrist-banded. The MM runners will get their own bands, and their parents will get spectator bands (or FLMR bands if you’re running in the big race). If you want to drink alcohol, please make sure you have ID so we can wristband you.
· Bring what your child may need for afterwards – a change of clothes and shoes, a towel for after they rinse off, money for food and drinks, that sort of stuff.
· We do have showers, but they are cold water only. We are planning on heating the changing tent, so they can rinse off fast, then dry off and change into dry clothes without being too freezing!
Post Race and Other Info:
· AT Walley will be providing food, beer, and soda. On the menu: hamburgers, cheeseburgers, chili, salt potatoes, sausage, pepper, and onion sandwiches, and hangover burgers (cheeseburger with two fried eggs). Walley’s does take credit cards now, but cash is always welcome as well. No Filter is our live band, great covers, lots of music you’ll know and love!
· We are having a vendor fair on the event grounds, those folks also typically take credit cards, so if you’re interested in doing a little local business shopping, you can do that too on Saturday!
· Don’t throw away their dirty shoes and clothes! If you don’t want to wash them and you don’t want to keep them, bring them to the barn after the race. There will be two big green garbage cans, one for shoes, and the other for clothes. We are going to wash everything after the race and donate it to the Rescue Mission, so unless it’s ripped up or beyond salvation, don’t toss it; give it to us to wash and donate!
· Our tents on the event grounds will have heat and will have walls, so you’ll be able to be warm and dry even if it’s raining outside. There will be ample food and drink, live music, and good company, so plan on sticking around!
As always, please don’t hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns. We are very excited for Saturday, and hope you are as well. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Email is generally the best way to catch me, but if you prefer the phone, you can call Champions for Life at 315-252-9305.