· Wednesday and Thursday at Champions for Life Sports Center, 453 Grant Ave, Auburn, NY, from 2:30 to 6:30 on both days.
· You will need your ID to pick up your packet. You can pick up packets for other people, with their printout from Run Sign Up, a letter giving you permission, or a copy of their ID.
· If you can’t make it to Packet Pick-Up on Wednesday or Thursday, you can pick up your stuff the morning of the race, at the race.
· Bring a non-perishable food item, and get a free plastic FLMR cup! All food items will be donated to a local food pantry.
Race Day/Race Info:
· We have been watching the weather like a hawk – and so far it’s looking pretty chilly. Believe it or not, I am not also a meteorologist, but the weather reports lead me to believe the high will be between 60 and 65, and that intermittent rain is possible. Come prepared!
· Get there about 30-45 minutes early, especially if you are in the first 6 or 7 heats of the day, all of which are full. A full heat is about 115 people, so getting through the line will take some time. If you get there even earlier, you can hang out on the event grounds and get a feel for what the day looks like.
· Bring your ID! We are checking you in as you enter, even if you came to packet pick up. At check-in, you’ll get your wristbands indicating which race you’re in, and if you’re legal to drink alcohol. After check in, you can enter the event grounds if you already have your packet, or go pick up your packet in the barn if you have not.
· We will have a free bag check, so you can bring what you need for afterwards – money for food, a change of clothes and shoes, a towel for after you rinse off.
· We do have showers, but they are cold water only. We are planning on heating the changing tent, so you can rinse off fast, then dry off and change into dry clothes without being too freezing!
· When you line up to take off, pay attention to the announcements! There is important safety information to hear!
· You’ll have a map in your packet –take a look at it and note the transition points on the course, where it crosses over itself so you don’t miss anything!
Post Race and Other Info:
· AT Walley will be providing food, beer, and soda. On the menu are hamburgers, cheeseburgers, sausage, pepper, and onion sandwiches, chili, salt potatoes, and hangover burgers (cheeseburgers with two fried eggs). Live music will be by No Filter, a great cover band, lots of music you’ll know. Walley's can take credit cards this year, but cash is always easy and welcome!
· We are having a vendor fair on the event grounds, those folks typically take credit cards as well, so if you’re interested in doing a little local business shopping, you can do that too on Saturday!
· Don’t throw away your dirty shoes and clothes! If you don’t want to wash them and you don’t want to keep them, bring them to the barn after you race. There will be two big green garbage cans, one for shoes, and the other for clothes. We are going to wash everything after the race and donate it to the Rescue Mission, so unless it’s ripped up or beyond salvation, don’t toss it; give it to us to wash and donate!
· Our tents on the event grounds will have heat and will have walls, so you’ll be able to be warm and dry even if it’s raining outside. There will be ample food and drink, live music, and good company, so plan on sticking around!
As always, please don’t hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns. We are very excited for Saturday, and hope you are as well. My email is email@example.com. Email is generally the best way to catch me, but if you prefer the phone, you can call Champions for Life at 315-252-9305.